Cruciferous vegetables are some of the healthiest vegetables that you can eat. In my opinion, they are also some of the most delicious! I eat them almost every day in some form. I love to write about the healing powers of food and that is why I decided to do a cruciferous vegetable recipe round-up. I want to make it as easy as possible to make and eat these wonderful foods.
I dont care if you are the president…
‘I’m President of the United States, and I’m Not Going to Eat Any More Broccoli’ – George Bush
…now you have no excuses not to eat them!
What are cruciferous vegetables?
- Bok choy
- Brussels sprouts
- Chinese cabbage
- Collard greens
- Daikon radish
- Land cress
- Mustard greens
- Shepherd’s purse
In terms of conventional nutrients (vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbs, and fats), we cannot find another vegetable group that is as high in vitamin A carotenoids, vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber as the cruciferous vegetables. As a group, the cruciferous vegetables are simply superstars in these conventional nutrient areas. (source)
Health benefits of eating cruciferous vegetables:
- One of the big reasons to eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables is that they may help to lower your risk of getting cancer!
- They reduce oxidative damage to the body caused by stress
- They give you increased detoxification abilities due to the sulfur component actually enhancing our livers detoxification abilities
- The high levels of Vitamin A are great for the health of your skin and vision
- The high levels of Vitamin C help keep the immune system in good working order
- They help the body fight free radical damage
Just look at this nutritional profile!: (source)
|NUTRIENT||BROCCOLI||BRUSSELS SPROUTS||CABBAGE||COLLARD GREENS||KALE|
|(CHOPPED & STEAMED)||(BOILED)||(SHREDDED & BOILED)||(CHOPPED & BOILED)||(CHOPPED & BOILED)|
|Vitamin A (IU)||5178||1840||600||12,008||26,455|
|Vitamin B1 (mg)||0.20||0.28||0.27||0.16||0.19|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.41||0.20||0.24||0.40||0.25|
|Vitamin B3 (mg)||2.13||1.56||1.27||2.20||1.51|
|Vitamin B5 (mg)||1.8||0.64||0.64||0.83||0.17|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.50||0.46||0.52||0.48||0.50|
|Folic acid (mcg)||213||154||91||357||48|
|Vitamin C (mg)||279||159||91||70||147|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.70||2.18||0.70||3.37||2.58|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (g)||0.45||0.43||0.52||0.36||0.36|
And now for the recipes….
But first, before you dive it…make sure you have these handy tools to make these recipes even easier!:
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this true story…
- Braised Broccoli with Orange and Parmesan Recipe by 101 Cookbooks
- Roasted Broccoli & Bacon Recipe by Nom Nom Paleo
- Asian Ground Beef, Mushroom, and Broccoli Slaw Lettuce Cups by Nom Nom Paleo
- Broccoli-Basil Mac and Cheese Recipe (using gluten-free pasta, of course) by 101 Cookbooks
- Broccoli Fritters by Paleo OMG
- Chilled broccoli soup by Sassy Radish
- Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry by Wellness Mama
- Curry Broccoli Fritters by Empowered Sustenance
- Cream of Broccoli Soup by Granny’s Vittles
- Broccoli Bites by Food Renegade
- Sautéed Broccoli Greens by The Food Lover’s Kitchen
- Paleo Broccoli Salad by Health Bent
- Curried Cream of Broccoli Soup by Nom Nom Paleo
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole by Simply Recipes
- Garlic Marinated Broccoli with Olives and Red Pepper by Mark’s Daily Apple
- Fiesta Broccoli Dip by Kath Eats Real Food
- Kid-Friendly Broccoli Cheese Bites by Our Nourishing Roots
- Broccoli Cole Slaw by Wellness Mama
- Grilled Cheese and Broccoli Sandwich by Food Renegade
- Spiced Roasted Broccoli (From the Freezer!) by Empowered Sustenance
- Broccoli-Banana Muffins (with chocolate chips) by The Paleo Mom
- Broccoli Grape Slaw – Veggies Your Kids Will Actually Eat by The Mommypotamus
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole by Wellness Mama
- Better than Take-Out Beef and Broccoli by Mark’s Daily Apple
- Best Make Ahead Side: Garlic Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes” by Nom Nom Paleo
- Roasted Cauliflower by Simply Recipes
- Pizzeria Delfina’s Spicy Cauliflower by Nom Nom Paleo
- Cauliflower, Carrot, and Parsnip Puree by Nom Nom Paleo
- Quinoa Cauliflower Patties by Sprouted Kitchen
- Primal Cauliflower Casserole by Paleo OMG
- Simple Creamy Cauliflower and Artichoke Soup by Paleo OMG
- Cauliflower Wraps (SCD, GAPS, Paleo) by Empowered Sustenance
- Cauliflower Tater Tots by I Breath I’m Hungry
- Slow Cooker Mexican Cauliflower Rice (no ricing required) by Paleo Pot
- Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce by Food Wishes
- Cauliflower Hummus by Our Fifth House
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust by Real Food RN (Hey, that’s me!)]
- Golden Cauliflower Soup by The Clothes Make the Girl
- Cauliflower Biscuits by Delighted Momma
- Asian Cauliflower Fried Rice by Nom Nom Paleo
- Cauliflower “Couscous” by Simply Recipes
- Caramelized Cauliflower Soup by Sprouted Kitchen
- Cauliflower Paella by Wellness Mama
- Primal, Gaps, and Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Grass Fed Girl
- Cauliflower Soup with Gorgonzola by 101 Cookbooks
- Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup by Fresh Bites Daily
- Roasted Nacho Cauliflower by Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers by Food Lover’s Writing
- Cauliflower Leek Soup by Good Girl Gone Green
- Cauliflower Dumplings with Creamy Chicken Soup by Paleo Parent’s
- Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Crust by Holistic Squid
- Lemon Parsley Cauliflower “Rice” by The Paleo Mom
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this true story…
- Red Cabbage Slaw with Tangy Carrot Ginger Dressing by Nom Nom Paleo
- Blanched Cabbage with Butter and Caraway by Simply Recipes
- Grain-Free Cabbage Pizza Skillet by Food Renegade
- Corned Beef & Cabbage by Wellness Mama
- Stir Fried Napa Cabbage with Mushrooms and Bacon by Nom Nom Paleo
- Sautéed Red Cabbage with Onions, Garlic, and Anchovy by Nom Nom Paleo
- Beer Braised Cabbage by Kath Eats Real Food
- Unrolled Cabbage Casserole by Health Bent
- Roasted Cabbage Slices by Wellness Mama
- Cider-braised Cabbage and Apples by Nourished Kitchen
- Healing Quinoa Cabbage Soup by The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Red cabbage paleo coleslaw by The Real Food Guide
- Sausage N’ Cabbage “Noodles” with Fried Apples by Everyday Paleo
- Braised Red Cabbage with Chestnuts by Simply Recipes
- Fermented Cabbage Juice by Real Food Forager
- Paleo Tacos with Purple Cabbage Slaw by Everyday Paleo
- Apple-Carrot (& cabbage) Coleslaw by The Nourishing Home
- Napa Cabbage Salad by Food Loves Writing
- Crockpot Braised Cabbage by Divine Health From the Inside Out
- Fermenting cabbage into sauerkraut by Actual Organics
- Pork Stuffed Cabbage Rolls by Simply Recipes
- Asian Cabbage Salad by The Nourishing Gourmet
- Killer Cabbage Juice by So Let’s Hang Out
- Bacon-Braised Cabbage by The Paleo Mom
- Cabbage Rolls – Reuben Style by Primally Inspired
- Slow-Cooked Cabbage, Tomatoes and Meatballs by Mark’s Daily Apple
- Russian cabbage soup by Sassy Radish
- Crispy Sweet Potato Chips & Sautéed Cabbage by Ditch the Wheat
- Recipe: Miso-glazed Bok Choy by Nourished Kitchen
- Red Curry with Turkey, Sweet Potato, and Baby Bok Choy by Healthy Green Kitchen
- Baby Bok Choy with Sherry and Prosciutto by Simply Recipes
- Baby Bok Choy with Ginger and Scallion by Real Food Forager
- Steamed Pumpkin and Baby Bok Choy with Ginger Sesame Sauce by Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Coconut Bok Choy Smoothie by Good Girl Gone Green
- Spicy Shrimp with Bok Choy by Oh Lardy!
- Korean BBQ slow cooker short ribs & oxtail with Bok Choy and Rice by Homemade Mommy
- Raw Kale and Bok Choy Slaw by Small Footprint Family
- Nutrient Dense ‘Nonton’ Soup by Holistic Squid
- Vegetable Stir Fry by Paleo Fondu
- PlaNeung Manao by Paleo Parent’s
- Asian Chicken Salad by The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Bacon, onion & brussel slaw by Real Food RN (Another one of my favorite’s that we make every week!)
- How to Roast Brussel Sprouts by Real Food RN
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon by Nom Nom Paleo
- Brussels Sprouts Chips by Nom Nom Paleo
- Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts Recipe by 101 Cookbooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon by Food Renegade
- Hoisin Glazed Brussels Sprouts by Simply Recipes
- Hashed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon by Simply Recipes
- Holiday Brussels Sprouts and Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Everyday Paleo
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Asian Citrus Dressing by Nom Nom Paleo
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts by The Clothes Make the Girl
- Golden Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Sausage & Garlic by Italian Food Forever
- Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze by Healy Real Food Vegetarian
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Dates by Food Loves Writing
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pears & Thyme by Nourishing Days
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Cranberry Brown Butter Sauce by Oh Lardy!
- Brussels Sprout and Sweet Potato Hash by The Organic Kitchen
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey and Currants by Homemade Mommy
- Bacon & Cranberry Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Honey Dijon Dressing by So Let’s Hang Out
- Brine Pickled Brussels Sprouts by Pickle Me too
- Roasted Rosemary Brussels and Rutabaga by Paleo OMG
- Pressure Cooker Braised Kale and Carrots by Nom Nom Paleo
- Massage Your Kale Salad by Real Food RN (hey, another one of my recipes!)
- Kale Chips by Kath Eats Real Food
- Quick and Simple Stir-Fried Kale and Bacon by Nom Nom Paleo
- Scrambled Eggs with Kale and Mozzarella by Simply Recipes
- Kale Banana-Berry Smoothie by Tasty Yummies
- Nutty Vanilla Sweet Potato and Kale Soup by Kath Eats Real Food
- Wilted Organic Kale & Bacon by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
- Pizza Kale Chips by Food Lovers Kitchen
- Oven-Braised Beef Stew with Carrot, Parsnip, and Lacinato Kale by Nom Nom Paleo
- Taco Bowl with Crispy Kale Chips by Mark’s Daily Apple
- Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Kale by Deliciously Organic
- Creamed Kale (Dairy-Free) by The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Lemon Kale Salad with Seared Salmon by Sprouted Kitchen
- Garlicky Greens by 101 Cookbooks
- Kale, Mushroom, and Sausage Stuffing by Live Simply
- Curry Kale Chips by Tasty Yummies
- Sweet & Salty Kale Chips by Food Renegade
- Blanched Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Green Apple Dressing by The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Cinnamon Sugar Kale Chips by Healthy Green Kitchen
- Sprouted Quinoa with Garlicky Kale, Tomatoes and Toasted Pine Nuts by Tasty Yummies
- Nacho Kale Chips by Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Kale, Spinach & Artichoke Dip With Greek Yogurt by So Let’s Hang Out
- Kale and white bean soup by Sassy Radish
- Spiced Kale Scramble by Healy Real Food Vegetarian
- The Organic Kitchen Spinach and Kale Quiche with Four Crust Options by The Organic Kitchen
Editors note: Click here to Find a Local Farmer
FREE BOOK DOWNLOAD (Limited Offer)
Do You Know Your Body’s Most Important Weight Loss Secret?
By J. Davis III
Tags: HEALING | HEALTHY FATS | REMEDIES
Recently, Doctor of Naturopathy, weight-loss expert and best-selling Amazon author Liz Swann Miller, creator of the Red Smoothie Detox Factor, revealed 2 of the secrets to easy, steady weight loss. Secrets the big food corporations do their best to hide from us.
Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Don’t fall for the lie that you have to deprive yourself to lose weight.
Secret #2: stop eating out. You will automatically eat less without even noticing.
Then start detoxing your body with tasty, nourishing smoothies that are just as easy on your wallet as they are easy to make.
Because a single day of enjoying Liz’ smoothies demonstrated the radical power of her superfood-packed red smoothies to make me feel incredibly good.
Now prepare yourself for one of the biggest weight loss secrets there is. A secret that, when you use it properly, can transform your body and your health.
You probably know most of us eat too much processed food. What you may not know is that it’s full of toxic chemicals and substandard, dirt-cheap ingredients designed to make you eat more…and force you to gain weight.
Here’s how it works...
“That stuff is just a lot of calories your body can’t use,” Liz told me, “Some are poison. And all these foods are stripped of the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that help your body detox. The result? Your body expends huge amounts of calories to eliminate some toxins—the rest, it stores in your fat to protect you. This is why most people are hungry all the time. They’re not getting energy they need.”
“So… what’s going on with me? Why am I losing weight but not going hungry?”
Liz paused, then dropped the bombshell.
Your body is designed to burn fat. You just have to let it.
“What? I thought we were designed to store fat?!?” We were Skyping and I was practically shouting. Then I heard Liz say…
What good is a fat reserve if you can’t burn it?
Liz continued: “You’re drinking smoothies packed with phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that pull toxins out of you like a tractor beam. Allowing your body to burn those toxin-filled fat stores… and releasing tremendous amounts of stored energy.”
So that’s why I’m losing weight without going hungry.
Watch Liz’ free presentation. It’s packed with revolutionary weight loss information—information that works. Because it’s based on how nature works.
Click the button below only if you want to wear smaller clothes, breathe easier, move more freely and just plain feel better.
Because when you click here to watch Liz’ life-changing presentation, you’ll learn
- Which calories help you lose weight…and which ones help you gain it…
- The “diet” foods…some of them vegetables…that lead to weight gain and diabetes…
- The “low-fat” foods that can dramatically increase your risk of cancer.
- And the superfoods that rescue your body from this assault by detoxing you…
Revitalizing your metabolism so you can
Shed pounds as well as toxins, renew your body and reset your internal clock by up to 7 years.
Because until now, the Red Smoothie Detox Factor has been available only to Liz’ private clients. But now that she’s perfected it to work for almost everyone, almost every time, Liz is sharing it with rest of us so we can feel better and look better.
Get Red Smoothie Detox Factor before the price goes back up.
Because Liz offers a ridiculously good guarantee. You have 60 days to decide you love the Red Smoothie Detox Factor. If you don’t love it—for any reason, or even no reason at all —Liz will refund your money. 100%. No questions asked.
Natural Diabetes Treatment Works Better Than Prescription Drugs *PROOF*
By Richard Neal
Tags: HEALING | REMEDIES | PREVENTION
According the latest statistics, diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes in the United States is reaching epidemic levels:
Total: 29.1 million people or 9.3% of the population have diabetes.
Diagnosed: 21.0 million people.
Undiagnosed: 8.1 million people (27.8% of people with diabetes are undiagnosed).
Source: CDC Website
Drugs Treat Symptoms, Not Disease
Pharmaceutical companies have been trying to shut these doctors down simply for revealing the truth about diabetes.
Scientific studies have proven that type 2 diabetes can be reversed naturally - but this information has been hidden and suppressed for decades.
Diabetics can normalize blood sugar, and be taken off all medication and insulin injections completely naturally.
Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine are revealing the truth about diabetes in a shocking new online presentation.
In 3 Weeks, 71% Type 2 Diabetics Were Taken off ALL Medication
96% of patients were able to stop all insulin injections and 81% achieved complete relief of painful neuropathy.
Groundbreaking research published by the University of Kentucky, University of California and Newscastle University prove that type 2 diabetes CAN be reversed.
Blood sugar normalizes... neuropathy pain goes away...
Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine have perfected these techniques and helped tens of thousands of their patients end the need for medication and insulin injections 100% naturally.
You don't have to suffer anymore, Learn the truth about your diabetes and stop this disease dead in its tracks right now.
Groundbreaking New Research
Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine are revealing the truth about diabetes that has been suppressed for over 21 years.
Last year they helped over 17,542 type 2 diabetics end the need for prescription drugs, insulin injections and blood sugar monitoring.
This year they're on track to help over 30,000.
In just a few weeks, 96% of their patients are able to stop ALL diabetes medication and insulin injections.
No more neuropathy pain, pricking your finger, or the need for expensive medication.
Learn about this groundbreaking new research here:
#1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
By J. Davis III
Tags: HEALING | PREVENTION
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat.
This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out the next page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life!
==> Click here to discover which “hidden survival muscle” will help you boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance permanently!
More Health Resources:
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Thе Fastest Wау Tо Lose Weight In 4 Weeks
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Your Birth Date + Name - Free Report
- The "Instant Switch" Law Of Attraction
- The 3 reasons you should NEVER eat wheat -- Yes, even "whole wheat"
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- Why Some People LOOK Fat that Aren't
- Diabetes Destroyer System
- His wife REFUSED to let them amputate his legs!
- Unlock Your Hip Flexors
- Doctors Reversed Diabetes in Three Weeks