Did you know that almost 80% of your immune system stems form the gut? Yeah, that’s a lot. So what kind of shape do you think your immune system is in if your gut health is in the toilet? I’ve said it many times, and I will say it many times again: Good health starts in the gut.
Keeping your internal ecosystem healthy and balanced is essential for a strong immune system and vital living. Eating fermented foods is one of the easiest and most economical ways to improve your gut flora. Humans have been fermenting foods for ages. And you may be surprised how easy it is to do at home.
I get a lot of messages from readers telling me that fermenting foods is intimidating. And I get it. If you have never done it before, it can be a bit daunting. All I can say is that once you get started, you will see that it’s a lot easier than it seems and the possibilities are endless. You just have to jump in.
What we are talking about here are REAL fermented foods that are lacto-fermented, meaning that the starches and sugars in vegetables and fruits are converted into lactic acid by the many species of lactic-acid-producing bacteria present on the surface of all living things. Lactic acid is a natural preservative that inhibits putrefying bacteria. All you do is add SALT. Bacteria that could be harmful to us can’t tolerate much salt, but there are healthy bacteria that can. Lacto-fermentation wipes out the bad guys , then lets the good guys get to work . The product is a living food, full of enzymes and probiotics.
You don’t need any fancy equipment to start fermenting foods. When I first started out, I used wide mouth canning jars (1/2 gallon) with plastic lids. I would stay away from plastic fermentation containers as the chemicals can leach into your food as it ferments.
I eventually moved up to using fermentation lids with airlocks. They work beautifully. What I love about these is that I don’t have to “burp” my ferments. And the airtight lids and airlocks create a perfect anaerobic environment (which is what you want for fermentation.)
Last year, I splurged and bought myself a fermentation crock to make large batches of sauerkraut. It’s amazing. It has a water channel that create s an airtight seal. It also comes with a stone weight to keep all of the vegetables completely submerged (which is important to inhibit the growth of funky stuff on your ferments.) I love my crock.
OK, what are you waiting for? Time to get fermenting. Here’s 85 easy and delicious fermented foods to get you started:
1. How to Make Water Kefir from Delicious Obsessions
2. Lacto-Fermented Blueberry Soda from Fearless Eating
3. Cultured Strawberry Soda from Holistic Squid
4. Fermented Lemonade from Mind Body Oasis
5. How to Make a Ginger Bug from Nourished Kitchen
6. Fermented Orange Juice from Oh Lardy
7. Lacto-Fermented Fruit Kvass from The Elliot Homestead
8. Fermented Tea from Mind Body Oasis
9. How to Make Kombucha from Phoenix Helix
10. Peach Kombucha from Hollywood Homestead
11. Strawberry Kombucha from Hollywood Homestead
12. Apricot Kombucha from Hollywood Homestead
13. How to Ferment Your Nettle Harvest from Delicious Obsessions
14. Fermented Asparagus from Mind Body Oasis
15. Fermented Pickles from Mind Body Oasis
16. Fermented Carrots from It’s a Love/Love Thing
17. Lacto-Fermented Red Onions from Delicious Obsessions
18. Fermented Garlic from The Sprouting Seed
19. Pickled Peppers from Mommypotamus
20. Lacto-Fermented Citrus Ginger Carrots from Delicious Obsessions
21. Easy Homemade Dill Pickles from Primally Inspired
22. Lacto-Fermented Garlic Pickles from Real Food Outlaws
23. Lacto-Fermented Curried Squash and Zucchini from Delicious Obsessions
24. Lacto-Fermented Summer Squash and Zucchini Pickles from Fearless Eating
25. Raw Brussels Sprout Kimchi from Jar of Honey
26. Dilly Carrots from Oh Lardy
27. Fermented Carrot Sticks from Real Food RN
28. Fermented Ginger Carrots from Stupid Easy Paleo
29. Indian-Spiced Lacto-Fermented Cauliflower from Delicious Obsessions
30. Fermented Carolina Coleslaw from Oh Lardy
31. Fermented Radishes from Mommypotamus
32. Fermented Mushrooms from Oh Lardy
33. Pickled Brussels Sprouts from Delicious Obsessions
34. Sweet and Sour Fermented Coleslaw from Homemade Mommy
35. Raw Kimchi Green Beans from Jar of Honey
36. Homemade Ginger Carrot Sauerkraut from Savory Lotus
37. Fido Fermented Sauerkraut from South Beach Primal
38. Fermented Curtido Sauerkraut from South Beach Primal
39. Lact0-Fermented Beet Ginger Sauerkraut from Delicious Obsessions
40. Homemade Sauerkraut from Hollywood Homestead
41. Simple Purple Sauerkraut from Homemade Mommy
42. How to Make Kimchi from Real Food Outlaws
43. Kimchi Recipe from Delicious Obsessions
44. How to Make Milk Kefir from Nourished Kitchen
45. How to Make Kefir from The Urban Ecolife
46. Homemade Creme Fraiche from Delicious Obsessions
47. Real Ranch Dressing from Homemade Mommy
48. European-Styled Cultured Butter from Delicious Obsessions
49. Homemade Cream Cheese from Delicious Obsessions
50. Raw Pumpkin Kefir Cheesecake from Homemade Mommy
51. Homemade Cottage Cheese from Homemade Mommy
52. Herbed Cashew Cheese from Savory Lotus
53. Coconut Milk Yogurt from Gutsy By Nature
54. How to Make Coconut Milk Yogurt from Tasty Yummies
55. Cashew Nut Yogurt from Delicious Obsessions
56. Coconut Milk Kefir from Homemade Mommy
57. Fermented Ketchup from Homemade Mommy
58. Easy Lacto-Fermented Ketchup from Girl Meets Nourishment
59. Lacto-Fermented Mayonnaise from GNOWFGLINS
60. Whey Mayonnaise from Healthy Living How To
61. Homemade Garlic Chilli Mayonnaise from Economies of Kale
62. Fermented Mustard from Punk Domestics
63. Lacto-Fermented BBQ Sauce from An Organic Wife
64. Lacto-Fermented Cucumber Relish from Paleo Leap
65. Fermented Salsa from Tasty Yummies
66. Lacto-Fermented Green Tomato Salsa from Thank Your Body
67. Traditionally Fermented Horseradish from Paleo Leap
68. Homemade Pickled Ginger from The Nourishing Cook
69. Fermented Mango Salsa from Fearless Eating
70. Fermented Peach Chutney from Fearless Eating
71. Fermented Cranberry Sauce from Oh Lardy
72. Lacto-Fermented Pear Butter from Little Owl Crunchy Momma
73. Fermented Mixed-Berry Maple Syrup from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
74. Lacto-Fermented Blood Orange Marmalade from Delicious Obsessions
OTHER COOL FERMENTED FOODS
75. Kombucha Popsicles from Hollywood Homestead
76. Lact0-Fermented Berries from Oh Lardy
77. Lacto-Fermented Apple Sauce from The Coconut Mama
78. Fermented Fruit Leathers from The Coconut Mama
79. Homemade Healthy Kombucha Fruit Snacks from Homemade Mommy
80. Paleo Fruity Kombucha Jello Bites from The Paleo Mama
81. Homemade Jello Fruit Cups from Homemade Mommy
82. Happy Belly Cheesecake from Savory Lotus
83. Fermented Eggs from Oh Lardy
84. Preserved Lemons from The Elliot Homestead
85. Fermented Fruits from Pickle Me Too
Editors note: Click here to Find a Local Farmer
FREE BOOK DOWNLOAD (Limited Offer)
Do You Know Your Body’s Most Important Weight Loss Secret?
By J. Davis III
Tags: HEALING | HEALTHY FATS | REMEDIES
Recently, Doctor of Naturopathy, weight-loss expert and best-selling Amazon author Liz Swann Miller, creator of the Red Smoothie Detox Factor, revealed 2 of the secrets to easy, steady weight loss. Secrets the big food corporations do their best to hide from us.
Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Don’t fall for the lie that you have to deprive yourself to lose weight.
Secret #2: stop eating out. You will automatically eat less without even noticing.
Then start detoxing your body with tasty, nourishing smoothies that are just as easy on your wallet as they are easy to make.
Because a single day of enjoying Liz’ smoothies demonstrated the radical power of her superfood-packed red smoothies to make me feel incredibly good.
Now prepare yourself for one of the biggest weight loss secrets there is. A secret that, when you use it properly, can transform your body and your health.
You probably know most of us eat too much processed food. What you may not know is that it’s full of toxic chemicals and substandard, dirt-cheap ingredients designed to make you eat more…and force you to gain weight.
Here’s how it works...
“That stuff is just a lot of calories your body can’t use,” Liz told me, “Some are poison. And all these foods are stripped of the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that help your body detox. The result? Your body expends huge amounts of calories to eliminate some toxins—the rest, it stores in your fat to protect you. This is why most people are hungry all the time. They’re not getting energy they need.”
“So… what’s going on with me? Why am I losing weight but not going hungry?”
Liz paused, then dropped the bombshell.
Your body is designed to burn fat. You just have to let it.
“What? I thought we were designed to store fat?!?” We were Skyping and I was practically shouting. Then I heard Liz say…
What good is a fat reserve if you can’t burn it?
Liz continued: “You’re drinking smoothies packed with phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that pull toxins out of you like a tractor beam. Allowing your body to burn those toxin-filled fat stores… and releasing tremendous amounts of stored energy.”
So that’s why I’m losing weight without going hungry.
Watch Liz’ free presentation. It’s packed with revolutionary weight loss information—information that works. Because it’s based on how nature works.
Click the button below only if you want to wear smaller clothes, breathe easier, move more freely and just plain feel better.
Because when you click here to watch Liz’ life-changing presentation, you’ll learn
- Which calories help you lose weight…and which ones help you gain it…
- The “diet” foods…some of them vegetables…that lead to weight gain and diabetes…
- The “low-fat” foods that can dramatically increase your risk of cancer.
- And the superfoods that rescue your body from this assault by detoxing you…
Revitalizing your metabolism so you can
Shed pounds as well as toxins, renew your body and reset your internal clock by up to 7 years.
Because until now, the Red Smoothie Detox Factor has been available only to Liz’ private clients. But now that she’s perfected it to work for almost everyone, almost every time, Liz is sharing it with rest of us so we can feel better and look better.
Get Red Smoothie Detox Factor before the price goes back up.
Because Liz offers a ridiculously good guarantee. You have 60 days to decide you love the Red Smoothie Detox Factor. If you don’t love it—for any reason, or even no reason at all —Liz will refund your money. 100%. No questions asked.
Natural Diabetes Treatment Works Better Than Prescription Drugs *PROOF*
By Richard Neal
Tags: HEALING | REMEDIES | PREVENTION
According the latest statistics, diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes in the United States is reaching epidemic levels:
Total: 29.1 million people or 9.3% of the population have diabetes.
Diagnosed: 21.0 million people.
Undiagnosed: 8.1 million people (27.8% of people with diabetes are undiagnosed).
Source: CDC Website
Drugs Treat Symptoms, Not Disease
Pharmaceutical companies have been trying to shut these doctors down simply for revealing the truth about diabetes.
Scientific studies have proven that type 2 diabetes can be reversed naturally - but this information has been hidden and suppressed for decades.
Diabetics can normalize blood sugar, and be taken off all medication and insulin injections completely naturally.
Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine are revealing the truth about diabetes in a shocking new online presentation.
In 3 Weeks, 71% Type 2 Diabetics Were Taken off ALL Medication
96% of patients were able to stop all insulin injections and 81% achieved complete relief of painful neuropathy.
Groundbreaking research published by the University of Kentucky, University of California and Newscastle University prove that type 2 diabetes CAN be reversed.
Blood sugar normalizes... neuropathy pain goes away...
Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine have perfected these techniques and helped tens of thousands of their patients end the need for medication and insulin injections 100% naturally.
You don't have to suffer anymore, Learn the truth about your diabetes and stop this disease dead in its tracks right now.
Groundbreaking New Research
Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine are revealing the truth about diabetes that has been suppressed for over 21 years.
Last year they helped over 17,542 type 2 diabetics end the need for prescription drugs, insulin injections and blood sugar monitoring.
This year they're on track to help over 30,000.
In just a few weeks, 96% of their patients are able to stop ALL diabetes medication and insulin injections.
No more neuropathy pain, pricking your finger, or the need for expensive medication.
Learn about this groundbreaking new research here:
#1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
By J. Davis III
Tags: HEALING | PREVENTION
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat.
This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out the next page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life!
==> Click here to discover which “hidden survival muscle” will help you boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance permanently!
More Health Resources:
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Thе Fastest Wау Tо Lose Weight In 4 Weeks
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Your Birth Date + Name - Free Report
- The "Instant Switch" Law Of Attraction
- The 3 reasons you should NEVER eat wheat -- Yes, even "whole wheat"
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- Why Some People LOOK Fat that Aren't
- Diabetes Destroyer System
- His wife REFUSED to let them amputate his legs!
- Unlock Your Hip Flexors
- Doctors Reversed Diabetes in Three Weeks