Homegrown Local Food Cooperative exists to ensure convenient access and consistent supply of locally grown foods that are ethical, organic and sustainable in production to the communities of Central Florida. Our mission is to support the production, promotion and distribution of these foods throughout our region. We also strive to educate the community about the products we sell (and choose not to sell). This is our contribution to a healthier, better informed community.
To inspire and empower our members to grow their own organic food, is the way to a more sustainable future.
Homegrown Local Food Cooperative sees a world in which humanity has harmony within itself, with the environment, and with technology. By cooperating with one other, we are committed to building something greater than ourselves. Our vision is a transparent and decentralized food system where consumers connect directly with locally owned and operated, organic farms. We work each day to cultivate a world where healthy living is an easier choice; a world where people can live abundantly from the fruits of their labor on the land.
Food is a necessity for life; therefore, we believe natural food crops should be regulated to the public domain. We believe local food systems should run as not-for-profits. Grounded in the belief of people before profit, we provide a democratic approach where your health and the environment come first. The Homegrown Local Food Cooperative is owned by Producer and Consumer members that use its services. When the Co-op begins to make a profit, Members decide democratically to return profits back to themselves and/or reinvest back into the Co-op for continued mission development.
Homegrown Local Food Cooperative Strives To:
- Provide healthy, local, ethically produced food direct from the producers.
- Support certified organic and all-natural foods, free of added hormones, antibiotics and genetic modifications.
- Support local and sustainable, high quality agricultural practices.
- Provide a network for the production and distribution of locally prepared foods and non-food products made with local, sustainably produced ingredients.
- Support a Central Florida food system that preserves the cultural heritage, landscape, water, soil and air vital to a sustainable community.
- Encourage our producers to enhance the biodiversity of native species on their land and to continually improve their environmental stewardship and conservation practices.
- Use renewable energy sources whenever possible for the distribution of foods
- Support the global cooperative movement and its principles.
- Serve local consumers of all income levels.