At Flying Mule Farm, we raise the highest quality grass-fed lamb and beef. Check us out at the Old Town Auburn and Roseville Farmers' Markets!
Flying Mule Farm is a diversified, full-time family farm that provides wholesome food and sustainably produced products for our community. Working in partnership with our animals and with the natural world, we also support other farmers who share our vision of sustainable agriculture.
Founded in 2001, Flying Mule Farm produces grass-fed lamb, beef and goat; pastured poultry and eggs; firewood and custom milled lumber. We use modern mule-powered equipment and other ecologically sustainable methods to produce the highest quality food and wood products for our community. We also provide habitat restoration and land management services.
- Our farming activities should be profitable and enjoyable.
- Farming is a family endeavor.
- We strive to leave the land (including the agricultural infrastructure) that we manage in better condition than when we found it.
- We work in partnership with animals (for traction, herding and harvesting crops).
- We value being able to tell our customers directly about our production practices rather than following a set of government-prescribed practices.
- We believe that grass-fed production is important for nutritional, ecological and economic reasons.
- We value being part of a farming community – we enjoy helping other farmers (and receiving their help).
- We value being a vital part of the larger community – we enjoy providing food and fiber for our neighbors.