Review Detail

Farmer's Markets
This market has a loyal following because of limited options and because of a dedicated volunteer base that keeps it going. A couple of vendors keep it real with good produce and prices, but in general the merchandize has limited appeal. In hopes of creating community, organizers include live music and activities for children. Nice idea, but I'd prefer high quality produce and fair prices. Growing Power is there, too. Generally a surly bunch with a perspective that their high prices should subsidize their non-profit. I'd prefer to support farmers.
Overall rating 

Selection 

Parking 

Reviewed by Midwest Maven June 11, 2014
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (2)

Ho-hummm

This market has a loyal following because of limited options and because of a dedicated volunteer base that keeps it going. A couple of vendors keep it real with good produce and prices, but in general the merchandize has limited appeal. In hopes of creating community, organizers include live music and activities for children. Nice idea, but I'd prefer high quality produce and fair prices. Growing Power is there, too. Generally a surly bunch with a perspective that their high prices should subsidize their non-profit. I'd prefer to support farmers.

Pros & Cons

Pros
Good parking and location
Cons
Selection is limited -- very limited
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account